Monday, July 18, 2011

Meet Our Pinup Hairstylist, Amanda! | Dutch Hill + Longfellow Photographer


"Hello Amanda!!!" 

I've been wanting to write a blog post about Amanda for a while now, but we didn't have photos to use on the website or the blog! But now we do! :D Yay!

I had a little bit of time before our pinup session today and so did Amanda, so we thought it was the perfect time to get in her photographs. I absolutely LOVED every minute of it! Amanda looked great in her new pink dress and red accents! (Seriously-you're super photogenic!) I wasn't sure of where to take them at, so we just decided the alley behind my apartment building would work really well. I never realized all the different colors and backdrops that the alleyway had to offer before this shoot. I think I will definitely be using it as a future location.

For those of you that don't know, Amanda is our wonderful hairstylist for Foxy Pinups. I can't say enough nice things about Amanda. Not only is she completely talented at vintage hairstyles (everything hair and beauty related, actually), but she is also one of the cheeriest, sweetest people that I have ever met! Seriously-you'll fall in love with her right when you meet her. I did! Here is a little bit about Amanda in her own words (as taken from our website):
I was born in southern California and moved to a small Kansas town when I was 10 years old. After I graduated I moved to Lawrence, KS where I studied photography, writing and business. I finally ended up at Z Hair Academy where I found my niche and passion of doing hair. I moved to Kansas City in 2009 and started working at a salon in Shawnee which has now moved to Merriam Town Center called Stem Hair and Body Salon
I have always been in love with the period styles of the early to mid 1900's. I love the way the hair has a sculptural essence to it and is very artistic. 
In my free time I love to read cheesy mystery novels, watch a good horror movie, and spend time with my dog, Stuart. If I wasn't a cosmetologist I would be a writer or photographer. 


Amanda is such a sweetheart! I am honored to introduce you to her. 
Listen to these breezy tunes and view some of Amanda's beautiful photos from today!












1 comment:

  1. that first photo is really striking! nice work Hil! and Amanda of course!

    ReplyDelete