Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Katie T | Orland Park + Chicagoland Area Photographer

I was so happy to photograph Katie Tacker last Wednesday on my trip to the Chicagoland area. We had been talking forever about trying to arrange a day for these senior portraits. I am so happy that this date worked out! I've known Katie since she's been thirteen (I think?)  When she told me she wanted me to do her senior pictures, I couldn't believe she was already graduating! Holy cow, how time flies!

Katie is beautiful, in every single way. Her style is flawless, and so is her smile. I can't even begin to describe how fun our session was. We started off at the Centennial Park train station and got some really awesome pictures with train tracks and train cars as the backdrop. The floral dress Katie picked for her first outfit was absolutely fantastic for this location. I couldn't get over how sweet and carefree she was in front of the camera. (Even when I drove my jeep over a giant curb, she kept her cool, haha). 

After the first train station stop, we moved to the Old Orland downtown area. Tons of amazing photos followed suit, as I followed Katie down the street. We had the most amazing colors to work with as all of the old buildings have such great coloring on their walls and in the brickwork. We even found a bright yellow door, which popped her black sequenced turn-about dress perfectly!

Our last stop was the new Orland Park train station on 143rd St. By this time, a Metra train was pulling out of the station. We got some pretty cool photos of the moving train behind her. It was so hard to pick photos for her sneak peak because I truly loved all of them. Katie is SO photogenic! 

A special thank you to Katie, for being so amazing. I am excited for her to see the rest of her senior photos. In the meantime, feel free to listen to this song and browse some of my favorites. (There are many more!)
















2 comments:

  1. She is precious! Her eyes just dance, and you caught what looks like the "real Katie" in each picture - not that that's surprising! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! You are always so encouraging to me! :D You rock. Katie is really amazing in front of the camera! She was easy to photograph!

    ReplyDelete